Monday, March 10, 2008

My Latest News



Hi Everyone:

I've been home over a week now and was so proud that I got over jet lag like a true champ! I was marveling at the fact that I am becoming a "professional International traveler!" Ha ha! Unfortunately, on Saturday I can down with a painful virus in my hips, spine, neck and skull. While in the Philippines, I was attacked by weird grass bugs, so my obvious options seemed to be Malaria, Yellow Fever, Dengue Fever, even Meningitis. I even wondered if I contracted some sort of weird "Monkey Virus" from the Tarsiers! Ha ha! Because I had just been on International travel, the Medical Instacare wouldn't even touch me! I was masked and immediately sent to the local emergency room where they took vials and vials of blood and gave me an IV of fluid and pain/muscle relaxant medications. I slept for three hours before being woken up by the doctor. Fortunately, the scary options I originally thought all came back negative. Yahoo! Unfortunately, I learned I have an infection in my bone marrow and that my white blood cell count, platements, and overall blood volume levels are excessively low. The doctor was very surprised how low my levels were and tried not to scare me, but I have to go back in for two more blood draws. Unfortunately, I am now praying for the best and hoping to rule out what the signs may be pointing to - Leukemia. Please pray that I do not have Leukemia and that I will always be here to raise my beautiful children and travel to help hundreds of other children that need me too. Love, Tracie

4 comments:

Anne said...

Tracie,

We will be keeping you in our prayers!

Anne

Melanie said...

Tracie,
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Let us know when you hear something.
Love ya,
Melanie

Anonymous said...

Tracie,

I wil be praying for you and your family,

Please please keep us up tp date when you hear something

Love Lisa

Riverdruid said...

OMG Tracie! Please call us if you need ANYTHING! We can take all 5 kids if needed!