Monday, February 18, 2008

Off to the Philippines!

Hi Everyone:

I leave early tomorrow morning and have about 32 hours of travel and lay-over time before I finally reach Cebu. Next Sunday is the team day of rest and the Vice Mayor of Cebu is treating the entire team to an Ocean Jet ride to the island of Bohol. The water is like Windex and the sand is as white as can be. The island is famous for its "Chocolate Hills" and the Tarsier (world's smallest primate, but with huge eyes!) What a treat!

Please wish me safe travels and pray that my family will be safe and secure in my absence. I really appreciate Dan and the kids for allowing me this incredible opportunity. I love you guys!

My team has been asked to blog our story as "Field Reporters." Please be sure to watch for daily updates on
http://operationsmile.blogspot.com

All my love, Tracie

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Tracie,
Have a wonderful time! Looks absolutely beautiful. I am finally, finally, feeling on top of things... maybe sometime soon both of us will be over jet lag and be able to catch up on life.
Have fun!!!
Love ya,
Melanie

Anne said...

Does anyone know where Tracie is blogging? There is nothing on the blogspot that she mentioned in this last post!

Thanks,

Anne