Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Greetings From Cebu!!










Hi Everyone! Sorry I haven't blogged for days! I get up at 5:00 AM and go to bed every night at 11:30 PM or later. I am all over the Vicente Sotto Memorial Medical Center and just love every single child I have met. Witnessing the surgeries and interacting with the team has been amazing. The Filipino people are very friendly and feed us well! Ugh. Our team's visits in the community have been incredibly warm and welcoming. We feel very privileged. Only a few minor misshaps on the trip, but other than Sarah's passport being stolen, the trip is going well. Never thought I would spend time at the Canadian Consulate on this trip. I am leaving you with some of my favorite pictures from the last few days and promise to write all about the experience when I return home. The island of Bohol was beautiful and it was so cool seeing a real Tarsier, live and in person! My favorite is a sweet little baby named "Honey." Look how cute she is in the hat and how grateful her mother looks! Thank you Dan, for affording me this opportunity! Mom says you are "frenzied, but hanging in there." I will be home soon. Love you all very much! XOXOXO

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks for the post! You are amazing and so is Dan!!

Anonymous said...

Wow I am glad that you are having a wonderful time and I cannot wait to hear about it when you return.

Lisa

Riverdruid said...

Cute naked baby in the boat and what is that thing in the tree that you want to kiss?