Thursday, October 11, 2007

NO LONGER A WAITING CHILD


If I have ever second guessed or questioned in my heart why I was meant to be the mother of a child who is almost three years old, this poem (published on the Love Without Boundaries Blog) says it all. I fell in love with Abbie from the moment I saw her picture on the Internet and knew she would be my daughter from the moment I had the opportunity to meet and hold her in March 2007. She didn't know I would be her mom, but in her heart, I am sure she knew. Infant, three year old, or 16 year old - it did not matter. She is a child, I am a mom.

I am now her mom - forever and always.


The Waiting Child

- by Debbie Bodie


I saw you meet your child today. You kissed your baby joyfully and as you walked away with him, I played pretend you'd chosen me.


I'm happy for the baby, yet inside I'm aching miserably. I want to plead as you go by,"Does no-one want a child of three?"


I saw you meet your child today. In love with her before you met and as I watched you take her out, I knew it wasn't my turn yet.


I recognize you from last year! I knew I'd seen your face before! But you came for a second babe. Does no one want a child of four?


I saw you meet your child today, but this time there was something new. A nurse came in and took MY hand and then she gave my hand to you. Can this be true? I'm almost six!


And there are infants here, you see? But then you kissed me and I knew,

the child you picked this time was me.


(Copyright 1997 Debbie Bodie) Debbie-Bodie@Prodigy.net

1 comment:

Mustafaudjy said...

Your confidence will help dispel any concerns the employer may have. If you are interested in working for a company that offers opportunities to give back to the community, discuss them now. It includes retail jobs in Dehradun, BPO jobs in Dehradun and writing jobs in Dehradun. Dont forget that your desired title is a keyword, too.