Thursday, October 11, 2007

UPDATES ON ABBIE!

Hi Everyone:

Abbie is continuing to do GREAT! I believe she has definitely gained some weight because she feels heavier, her face is filling out, and she has a porky, little belly! Her skin is just glowing with good health. She is a very good eater (eats a LOT!) and a good sleeper. We started her in daycare on Tuesday and she just loves being there. She gets so excited when we drop her off in the morning and waves goodbye with a big smile. I was worried that she would think we were abandoning her, but it seems she knows we are her family and are coming back for her. I also think it helps that she and Lucy are in the same room together. When we pick her up, she is happy to see us and gives big, squeezy hugs. Her palatal prosthesis surgery has been moved due to meetings required of Dr. Morales. Instead of 10/29, her surgery will now be be just three days later on 11/1. This is good because she will be able to enjoy watching the kids on Halloween, instead of feeling poopy from surgery. I learned that her prosthesis will be "permanent" and installed with two screws. I am relieved I won't have to try to use denture cream and wrestle a three year old to put it in! I am now working on getting an appointment with the ear, nose and throat folks to have ear tubes installed on 11/1 too. Tomorrow, she has a follow up appointment with her pediatrician and I can't wait to see how much she weighs! We had a wonderful visit with Grandma and Papa Coryell (my folks) and I will be posting some great pictures soon! Love to all. Tracie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that she is doing well,

Thanks for the update

love
Lisa