Saturday, September 22, 2007

THE CLUTZ!





































Hi Everyone – Greetings from beautiful Guangzhou! It has actually been sunny, with a semi-clear blue sky and perfect temperature! If I could be guaranteed days like this everyday, I would move here. At Noon, Connie took the Guangzhou families for a special Cantonese dim sum lunch. Ericka and I adore the Chinese broccoli and I can never get enough of the sesame seed and lotus paste desserts. They are so delicious! Honestly! I couldn't get her to eat the chicken feet though. Abbie is quite the eater. She packs away two to three bowls of beef congee per meal, mounds of banana bread, all of my tea and Sprite and whatever else she can get her hands on. Unfortunately, she is the human squid baby and if she can get her hands on the plates and cups, she tends to throw them across the room. We have been rained with many flying forks, knives and broken dishes. Not a good habit! P.S. the sleeping picture of Ericka in her cocoon is especially for Taylor and Skylar! He he! I purchased some moon cakes to bring home so we can celebrate the upcoming Autumn Harvest (Moon) Festival as a family. Today, we spent three hours doing our paperwork for the U.S. Consulate. I think things would have gone quicker if the other families would have paid attention. Connie commended me for being respectful and listening. My paperwork was apparently perfect! We had a nice dinner with Scott, Marry, Kaia, Beckett and Scott’s mom. However, on the way to the restroom to take Abbie potty, I slipped on the tile floor and wiped out. Because I was carrying her, my poor left elbow and right knee took a beating. All 120 lbs. of me! I completely freaked out the waiters and waitresses, but am okay. Just another day in the life of “Completely Clutzy Tracie.” For those who know me well, you know that I am accident prone and ever make it through a whole vacation without some sort of injury! Being Super Mom, I have always protected my child during a fall. I am proud to say that Abbie is injury free! Unfortunately, she is still raspy, so when we got back from dinner I took her to the White Swan Medical Clinic for a follow-up. The doctor is so nice. Marry also took Beckett for a follow-up on his intestinal issue and they also learned their 3 year old Kaia has mild Bronchitis. All the kids are on some sort of medication. Abbie is back on antibiotics and expectorants. I have to take her in for one more breathing treatment before our 9:00 AM safari tomorrow. Ugh. Otherwise, all is quite well and Abbie continues to live up to the fact she was born in the Year of the Monkey. She wears me out with her endless energy! Realizing that I will never manage the airport, I purchased Abbie a stroller for only $15.00 U.S. dollars! She promptly christened her new ride with her leaky diaper. Ericka was a doll and spent hours in the play room with Abbie while I did paperwork. I really appreciate her help and it only cost me five rolls of Mentos. I think the Linne-Laughlin and Stewart families are ready to come home now. It's hard to believe that in just three days we will be leaving China. Pray for us. We will need it with the three year old wild monkey girl on the plane. Despite my silly stories about Abbie, she is a sweet, sweet soul and just seems to enjoy life. Her personality will guarantee her a fun life and will add so much joy to our family of seven! As I type this note, she is asleep by my feet. Sweet dreams mommy's baby doll and everyone else in the U.S. - it's time for me to hit the hay. Loves and kisses! Thank you Heavenly Father for all of your blessings upon us.

1 comment:

Riverdruid said...

PLEASE! I BEG OF YOU! TAKE THE HORRIBLE PICTURE OF ME AND MY TRIPLE DOUBLE CHINS OFF YOUR BLOG!!!!!!! COULD I BE ANY HUGER?