Sunday, September 23, 2007

SAFARI HO!











Hi Everyone! Today, we braved a soggy and hot tropical rainstorm to go to the Xiangjiang Safari Park in Guangdong. I did get a really cool souvenir umbrella out of it. I was also really impressed with the many types of animals that resided in the park. The habitats were natural and the animals were almost close enough to touch (if you really want to touch a Yak.) They had rare White Tigers (bai hu) and Bengal Tigers (la hu) and some bizarre critters that looked like “Goatelopes.” Seriously, they looked like white goats with moose antlers! Very odd. They had Giant Salamanders, Giraffes, Hippos, White Rhinos, Koalas, and PANDAS! Yes, the black and white love of Lucy’s life, her beloved “Mao Mao”, "King of the Bamboo forest," was actually at the Safari Park! It was a great exhibit and explained all about the life cycle and eating habits of Ming Ming the Xiong Mao and all his buddies. All together, I think we saw five very chubby and happily munching Pandas. Wow, are they cute!! My camera is going wiggy again, so Marry took a bunch of pictures and I will download them for Lucy as soon as I can. I also bought a cheap instant camera at the park and took a bunch more pictures for Lucy. She will go nuts!! Some of my other favorite shots were of the two humped camels and the roaring lions. Another great part of the zoo was the nursery for baby animals. They had the sweetest baby tigers (white and orange) and fuzzy little monkeys. If it wasn’t raining so bad it would have been fun to take Abbie on the wonderful children’s rides. Lucy and Gracie would have LOVED the cool carousel! We also passed the monumental home to Dr. Sun Yat Sen, who we were told is the "Father of Modern China", equivalent to our own George Washington. When we returned to the hotel, I immediately hopped into a hot bath to soothe my sore and banged up knee. Abbie loved the animals at the zoo, but wasn’t too thrilled with mommy today. Probably, because I had to play the role of the bad mommy, who took her to the doctor for dreaded breathing treatments. Mommy bad - big sister wonderful! I am currently enjoying a few minutes of peace and quiet while the girls play in the Swan Room. We only have one more full day on the island, including our dinner cruise, and then we leave on Tuesday. It’s hard to believe the end is finally here. It is always with mixed feelings that I leave the incredible country of China, and the birthplace of my sweet Lucy and Abbie, behind. Here are some pictures to prove that the doctor’s office is not Abbie’s favorite. Hopefully, I will post some pictures from the Safari Park before I hit the hay. See you all soon! With loves and kisses. Tracie, Ericka and Abbie (who I think might be part Golden Monkey. Ha ha! Just kidding!) XOXOXO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can choose either American English or British English for translation. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry handbags[/url] Yet if the observers tell them what they see, the participants don't listen - or worse, become defensive.. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose down coat[/url] Grymuazdl
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora outlet[/url] Fvnpnmwjd [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose outlet[/url] cdbewsice