Tuesday, September 25, 2007

AMERICA!!




















Hi Everyone!

Greetings from Los Angeles! It seems like I just blinked my eyes and woke up in the United States. The plane ride was very fast and Abbie slept the ENTIRE flight! Woo hoo!! She woke up just in time for breakfast and has been a wild and happy girl ever since. Even though it is 11:42PM in Utah right now, we of course, think it is 1:42PM in China and are WIDE awake. Urgh! We have to get up in six hours to get to the airport to catch our flight home. We may not be pretty. Ha ha! Today (yesterday??) was our U.S. Consulate swearing in ceremony in Guangzhou. Everything went off without a hitch and we were soon on a long van ride to the airport. I say long because today/yesterday is the Chinese Moon Festival and everyone was trying to get home to their families to celebrate. You think traffic in the U.S. is bad? I have NEVER seen traffic like what I saw in Guangzhou. 100’s of people were waiting at one stop for a bus. What should have been a 15 minute ride took 2 hours to get to the airport. Good thing we left early! We also took our traditional red couch photo with the children from all different provinces, but with three things in common: 1) they are all loved very much; 2) they all have special needs that are seen as beautiful by their families; 3) we are all united as one big family forever because of Children’s House International Adoption Agency. On the flight home, I awoke to three boxes of moon cakes, courtesy of China Southern. Very thoughtful. Funny, I just took a bath and my nightgown smells like the musty, musky fragrance unique to China. It brought tears to my eyes, because I love that crazy, crowded country as my own, but am so grateful to have my beautiful Abbie home as one of the newest Americans! I will miss the Heinz Tremella Lotus Seed and Lily Paste baby food and the White Swan Hotel breakfast buffet. But, it will feel so good to be home to my family and see the first reactions when the little sisters meet each other for the first time! Thank you so much for following our incredible journey. Safe travels to our friends, old and new, as they return to America. I will continue to post notes along the way about Abbie, her surgeries, and our family. Our love to you all! Tracie, Ericka and Abbie and the entire Linne-Laughlin Family of seven.

No comments: