Friday, December 28, 2007

OPERATION SMILE!

I am overjoyed with gratitude and happiness to inform you that I have been accepted to the Operation Smile 2008 Winter Missionary Training Workshop for Student Education Sponsors! I will travel to Norfolk, Virginia on January 18 - 21 for training. On future cleft lip/palate medical missions to Asia for, which I am assigned, my role will be to:
"Educate two students about the values of commitment, leadership and volunteerism. Operation Smile takes two volunteer student educators and a student sponsor on every international medical mission. Students learn how they can impact the future when they help children in need."
This is right up my alley! You no idea how excited I am to be part of this organization. Founded in 1982, Operation Smile has performed cranio-facial surgeries on over 100,000 children worldwide!
"Our Mission throughout the world: Operation Smile volunteers repair childhood facial deformities while building public and private partnerships that advocate for sustainable healthcare systems for children and families. Together, we create smiles, change lives, heal humanity."
For more information, go to www.operationsmile.com
YAHOO!! Tracie

1 comment:

Anne said...

Yeah Tracie!! You'll be great!