Thursday, December 13, 2007

How Can You Possibly Stay Mad?



You may think I am super mom and never get mad at my five children, but the truth of the matter is that they drive me nuts just as much as I love them. Just when you are having the most rotten day and your teenager is mouthing off and your toddlers are whining and crying...and you start to think to yourself, "Calgon? Can you just take me away forever? Please?" Something happens and it all changes. Maybe it is your child asking if you can hold them like a little baby. Maybe is is your child reaching for your hand or jumping from the couch into your arms with unbridled joy. Maybe it is an ear to ear grin that melts your heart, or the teenager that tells you that you are a pretty cool mom and her friends even think so...

The other night, I was at my wits end with Abbie. She was wild and would not go to sleep. She kept flipping around and babbling (in who knows what language.) Honestly, she was driving me nuts. I put the blanket over my head and tried to ignore her. Didn't work. Finally, she quieted down and in the still darkness, clear as a bell, she turned to me and said, "Wo ai le", which means "I love you" in Chaozhou (her native dialect.) How can you possibly be mad when your child tells you they love you so unconditionally and when you least deserve it? I love you too Abbie.
I would also like to congratulate Melanie who received her TA for Lili today! They leave 1/16 for Jiangxi to bring her home! YABOOO!!!! :)

2 comments:

Melanie said...

What a wonderful post! Thanks for sharing!!! I think you are a psycic (sp?) we will be leaving around the 16th and not the 2nd like I had hoped... this will be easier because of the holidays.

Unknown said...

Yea. Congrats to Melanie and her family.

Tracie I agree. Sydnie comes up to me. Mommy mad at me? Then gives me the sad look and them I l love you. Kiss. Hug. could not stay mad.

Samantha writes me letters. I love mommy. I love daddy. Instead of writing love she used a heart. Folds it up and leaves it where I would find it and she is waiting for me to open it.

Love
Lisa