Friday, December 21, 2007

Good Bye Dear Brenda...

I am so saddened to learn that my peer, colleague and friend of twelve years passed away at her home last night. Brenda Croft was not one of those women you classify as "sweet" or "Lady-like." :) I mean that as a complete compliment to her, which I am sure she would appreciate. Quite the opposite, Brenda was the most loud laughing, full of life person, I have ever had the opportunity to work with. She had the most incredible "business smarts" and loved to travel around the world. She was fearless in her passion and commitment to Marriott and willingly gave 24+ years of her life to this Company. She had a uncanny way of making people feel special and always, always remembered me at the most unexpected times. She knew I loved marshmallows and every Holiday, I would find an inter-office envelope in my in-box filled with marshmallows in all forms (Peeps, chocolate covered Santas, pumpkins, hearts, you name it!) She was a beautiful woman inside and out. She only lived a much too short 43 years and my heart goes out to her husband David (whom she loved dearly), and her three children: Tyler, Emily and Jeremy. I cannot even imagine the pain the Croft Family must feel right now. God bless you and hold you in his loving arms.

Tracie

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Tracie,

My prays go to you and Brenda's family,We just went though this oa month ago when we lost our best Friend of 12 years. He was 34 and Sydnie's god father.

Love
Lisa

Anonymous said...

You said it so well. I met Brenda while working at Marriott and our paths have crossed many times over the past 17 years. She has been a huge inspiration to me and has provided support along the way. My deepest sympathies go out to her family as well as the Marriott family for we have lost a very special person.

Melissa

Anonymous said...

I miss her every day.

Jonathan

Anonymous said...

From Brenda's sister, Rhonda, in South Carolina, thank you for your kinds words and thoughts about Brenda. We miss her zest for life and her love for all. Not a day goes by that we dont' miss her.