Saturday, October 6, 2007

Goodbye Sweet Summer :(

Ugh. I am sitting in Utah, literally freezing to death. We returned home from warm and humid Guangzhou on 9/26 and to welcome us home, it snowed on 9/29 and again today. Yuck. Is it obvious that I don't like Winter? Melanie, how's the weather in Idaho? I truly live in the wrong state. I just read this information about Abbie's hometown of Shantou, and I am seriously wishing I could be there for the next several months (years?) instead! Big sigh - I love the alternation of Spring and Summer! "Long coastal lines and a pleasant subtropical marine climate provide the city with many charming tourist attractions. Beautiful mountains, natural beaches, and exquisite islands, together with the marine scenery that surrounds the harbor, form a breathtaking environment that is especially attractive to those who want to escape the busy life. The locals use their rich seaside resources to set up many resort villages that provide sound facilities and services for the tourists. In addition, the Tropic of Cancer traverses the city, making it a wonderful place to feel the instant alternation of spring and summer in China."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow snow already. It is bautiful here in NJ. About 80-85 degrees. We are still wearing summer cloths. I do not like the winter and the cold weather either. I would love summer and spring weather every day. This year the warm months were great but I think that we are going to have a bad winter.

Hope your family is well. Keep on posting. I enjoy going to this site every day and finding something new

Love
Lisa

Anonymous said...

HI. I live in Alpine and would love to find a Chinese pre-school. I know the one in Draper closed, but is there anything else around? my e-mail address is lee101072@hotmail.com thanks!

Lee