Saturday, October 6, 2007

First Day at The Utah Chinese School!







Howdy Everyone: Each day is getting better. Abbie is on the right time schedule and is sleeping through the night. She still follows me around like a tail, but is starting to laugh and follow her sisters around a little bit more. Each day, her comfort level and understanding of what she can do is improving. It's amazing how well she can eat with her open cleft palate. The other day, she had her first Irish meal of Shepard's Pie (her last name is Laughlin, you know.) Our little Chinese, Irish and American Lassie LOVED it! As a matter of fact, she ate half my dish full! Today, my little Teochew speaker went to her first Mandarin class. She may not understand English or even Mandarin for that matter, but she had fun at class and enjoyed singing and dancing with Mommy, Lucy and the other kids. She was very well behaved in class. We are learning our numbers, body parts and all about our friends. Since she has to learn a new language anyway, she might as well learn two! I am very glad Mandarin language classes are something offered right near our house in Utah! Abbie will also start daycare on Tuesday. I think she really misses being around a lot of kids. She is rather quiet at home, but really opens up in noisy, social settings. Here are some pictures of our day. Love, Tracie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful that you have a school close bye. Here in NJ we do not have one by us. It is about 2 hours up in North Jersey. I guess that is what I ask for when I want to live at the Jersey SHore.

Lisa

Riverdruid said...

I am so bummed we missed Chinese School too. We are all sick with colds now so we should probably stay home and not infect others any way. I'm getting cabin fever and hoping to see you next Saturday!

Abbie Le Qian said...

Bummer Marry! I am so sad to hear you are all sick. :( Go get a flu shot! It's going to be a long winter. Abbie already got her's!
Take care and drink lots of green tea. Love, Tracie

Jules said...

Hi Abbie,

My name is Jules Ming and I've been trying to find any contact information or a location for the Utah Chinese School without luck. I googled it and came across your blog. Do you & your daughter still attend the school? I know that it used to be at the Gateway church in Draper, but has since moved. Any info would help. My husband & I are from Shanghai and recently moved back to slc with our now 2 year old daughter.

Thank you in advance,

Jules Ming