Monday, October 1, 2007

THE BIG ADJUSTMENT!

Hi Everyone!

Well, we have been home almost a week now and I must say, Abbie is doing great. She has completely attached to mommy and is leary of strangers. I am very glad for this, because I was concerned that she would just go to anyone. The first few nights home were rough as we adjusted to a complete time shift, but now she is doing very well sleeping at night. She eats like a horse and will eat everything and anything! Cleft palate or not, this kid can put it away! She had her first medical examination. They withdrew seven vials of blood and she received six immunizations. Poor little pin cushion! She ran a fever for a few hours, but recovered quickly and acts like nothing ever happened. She weighs a whopping 18lbs - 13oz. and is 33.5" tall. She is in the 2nd percentile for height, weight and head. Doesn't stop her though! She is a huge ball of energy, even if she is pee wee sized. She immediately took to Gracie and Lucy and they love sharing bath time together. Dan and I love cleaning up the soggy mess. Ha ha! Regardless of the mess, they are fun to watch. Abbie likes to dance and clap her hands to a Cantonese children's CD I purchased. She is very inquisitive and doesn't want to miss anything. She will do very well in school. She has her palate consulation on Wednesday and we will know more about her schedule to start school. I know she will LOVE it! I thought five kids would be nuts, but we are all doing quite nicely. Well, as good as you can get with five kids! :) Pictures coming soon. Love, Tracie

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks for the update. I am so happy to read that you are surviving 5. I can't wait to see the photos and it will be nice to know what all of the doctors say. Take care and enjoy!!! Love ya, Melanie

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to finally see an update. I cannot wait to see pictures of the whole family together. I showed Donna the pictures yesterday. SHe loves them all. Love Lisa

Anne said...

Welcome Home Tracie and Abbie!! Tracie, You'll do just fine with 5! No worries here! I'm so happy to hear that your doing well, esp. that Abbie is afraid of strangers! That is so good!

Take care,

Anne...your friend in Kaua'i! ;o)