Wednesday, August 29, 2007

PREPARATION!

Hi Everyone:

Some think doing all the paperwork, finger printing, homestudy interviews and authentications is the hard part of adoption. WRONG!! It's actually getting everything packed and ready to go to China. Ericka and I now officially have our money, bags partially packed, medical supplies (Airborne, Imodium AD, Pepto Bismol, ladie's supplies, Tums, toiletries, antibiotics, Advil, nasal spray, eye drops) and more...ready to go! I have made all my hotel and airline arrangements; accidentally ordered multiple entry Visas good for multiple entries to China for one year (I can move there!); received our airline tickets; freaked out when I didn't receive Abbie's ticket and then realized hers is an e-ticket (phew); printed the e-ticket; registered our trip with the U.S. Department of State so the U.S. knows we are leaving and China knows we are coming; purchased travel insurance for the three of us; made double copies of every document; and have pulled all my hair out. Okay, now I am ready to go to China. :)

3 comments:

Riverdruid said...

Did you really pull all or your hair out?

Melanie said...

Ok... hurry up and go!!! I can't wait to see you with triplets!!! Could I borrow one of your visas... :) , please... and then ok it with the CCAA for me to pick up Lili, too. I'm living through ya... hope your enjoying it! Deep breath!!! YABOOO!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I remember those days. Going crazy and making sure you have everything.

Relaz!!! Easier said then done

Love
Lisa