Thursday, July 12, 2007

Passing the Time Away


While I was on the Internet, I found a link to some pictures and information about Shantou, Abbie's hometown. I thought one picture was particularly funny, because when I had the great fortune of visiting Shantou in March 2007, I went out for a hot pot dinner at the very same restaurant in the picture! However, my hot pot dinner not only included the standard potatoes, lettuce and beef you see in the picture above...it also contained intestine and cow stomach lining! To drink we enjoyed warm mung bean juice. Very quenching. Yum! I sure hope Abbie takes a liking to chicken nuggets and french fries quickly! Ha ha!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Hey, thats Ting Ting! ;o)

We loved hot pot. I found a video the other day on Youtube that was the same place we went for hot pot. You can see it on my blog! Funny!

Anne

Scott said...

Love reading your posts. Can't wait to hear the good news! Come see us. :) We are told our wait is down to a 'few' weeks :)... does this mean 2 or 22???!
Melanie

Anonymous said...

This may seem odd but I'm actually a long lost friend of Melanie Hunsaker's and I'm trying to get ahold of her. I just heard about Ryan from my brother. If you have her personal information would you please send her my email address? My name is Kelly (Landrum) Hill and my email address is kellyjae@thebluezone.net

Thank you so much and I'm sorry to bother you!