Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Let The Games Begin!





Our family is very excited to cheer on the athletes at the 2008 Beijing Olympic games. Of course, Lucy and Abbie are partial to both of their home countries! :) The games begin on 08-08-08. The number 8 is considered to be very auspicious in Chinese numerology. I am sure China has gone all out to make these games highly successful and very memorable. What a wonderful opportunity for China to make its grand debute to the entire world! On behalf of our entire family, we wish all the athletes a safe and exciting time in China and best wishes in their quest for the Gold!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tracie,

I just got home from the doctor's office in Draper to realize that the intended text didn't go through on my cell phone. (In case you don't remember I'm the mom w/3 kids you ran into whose kids are also taking Chinese and used to go to the Draper Chinese school with your cute little girls).

Anyway, I was so bummed--I'm sure I gave you a wrong digit or something--that I sat down at the computer and did a google search with your name and "operation smile" and "adoption" and voila--your wonderful blog pulled up! I was so relieved, and intrigued by skimming through many of your amazing experiences through the past few years. I can't believe you've had time to blog in the midst of everything. Anyway, if you're interested in getting together sometime--I'm sure my kids would love chasing after some new friends--email me.

Amanda

AmandaROaks@msn.com