Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Full of Crazies!!












Wow! Christmas as a family of seven has been quite the day! I love the pictures I am posting because I was blown away by the amount of presents under our Christmas tree, and the pictures progressively show kids with "Christmas Burnout." Cracks me up! The morning started off with Ericka accidentally breaking the glass panel on my coffee table by dropping one of my presents on it; Dan made (a mess), I mean waffles with the delicious waffle maker from Tim and Beth (Dan's brother and his wife); and the girls all fought over packages and presents. What Christmas wouldn't be complete without fighting and crying? Ha ha! Despite my grumbling, Christmas was so much fun having our beautiful five children. Love. That is truly what it is all about - especially since I know so many who were not as fortunate as us this year. God bless my dear friend Brenda and her family - Brenda's death has touched me with such grief. Blessings to my family in Colorado, Tucson, Oregon, Washington, Virginia and New York. God also bless Guo Hong Tong and Zhang Xian Hua, the women who cared for and loved Abbie and Lucy during the first part of their lives. We received a letter from Ms. Guo this week and it was so clear how much she loved Abbie (and always will.) These women have given us the most precious of Christmas gifts of all. My thoughts also reach out to all the children in China who wait and hope for life changing surgeries and families of their own. My life is forever changed by the beautiful people of China.
Merry Christmas everyone! We love you!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Wow, a card from Miss Guo! She loved Qian so much!