Friday, May 18, 2007

It's Friday!!

Hi Friends and Family!

Normally, I am happy when Friday rolls around, but this was the craziest day at work - EVER! Then, when we got home, Dan and I took the girls on a bike trailer ride (our almost daily activity), to continue our training for a 150 mile ride for MS on June 23/24. What started out as a nice, warm ride, quickly turned into a tornado like wind storm, complete with rain and SCREAMING toddlers! But, the terrible ride wouldn't have been complete without a stop at McDonald's first for Happy Meals and really obnoxious "Shrek 3" baby doll toys that talk. You guessed it...the girls made their dolls talk for eleven miles before mommy completely lost her marbles! Ha ha!

I am looking forward to the weekend. Tomorrow, the girls will go to their fifth Chinese School class. We found a great school that meets every Saturday from 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM and takes children as young as 2 1/2! Gracie and Lucy are in class together and I am learning a lot by sitting in. Lucy is quickly channeling her internal Mandarin from the first year of her life! Her accents and tones are perfect! Class is so much fun and they learn through playing, singing, dressing up and other methods perfect for younger children. On occasion, I have even "caught" the girls singing a song about two tigers in Mandarin!

After Mandarin class, we will go to the new IKEA store for a special day sale for the builder's families. My mission is to purchase three toddler beds and a dresser for Abbie. It still freaks me out when I think we will soon be the parents of five! :) Wow!

Then, that evening, we have the Okland Construction Family Picnic at Boondocks, an amusement park near our house. Should be fun!

On Sunday, our little Gracie turns four years old! It seems like just yesterday that I was two weeks overdue with the little pumpkin and gearing up to be induced. Even though she is four, she still loves to be wrapped in a hooded towel and pretend she is my "little baby." I love that! Where does time go??

Have a wonderful weekend everyone...and be safe! We love you all!

Tracie

3 comments:

Da said...

The MS ride sounds very cool! Eric and Grey did the Century last year, but since school started and we filed for another adoption, they haven't raced at all!

I love that you take the girls to Chinese school! And I am a huge IKEA fan! We're dropping Eric and Chloe off at the airport on the 23rd, and then the girls and I are headed to the Grand Opening! How lucky are you that you get a special day to shop! Have fun decking out those girls!

Anne

Da said...

P.S. I just re-read that and I want you to know that the adoption we filed for was Margaret's....not another one! Whew!

Abbie Le Qian said...

Hah! When I first read your message I really did think you were adopting again (and wondered if you were nuts?!) Ha ha! Actually, I knew you were talking about Margaret! Have fun at IKEA, it is WONDERFUL!!!

Tracie