Saturday, April 21, 2007

About Our Family




While we wait, I would like to share stories with you about the six Linne-Laughlins. Our story starts when I met my husband Dan and fell in love nearly twelve years ago. We lived in Breckenridge, Colorado, where we both worked for Marriott. I still work for Marriott as a Director of Human Resources (just celebrated 20 years!) and Dan works as an Accountant at a local construction company. We are avid road cyclists and enjoy having fun with our kids! We currently reside in Sandy, Utah - a fabulous place at the base of the Wasatch Mountain range. Kyle (16) and Ericka (13 and my travel-mate to China to adopt Lucy in 2005) are from my first marriage to Ted. Ted and his wife Nancy, are blessed with two beautiful daughters of their own (Karli and McKenna.) Dan and I had Gracie (4) together in 2003 and we knew we did not want her to grow up an "only" child, since her siblings are so much older than her. I asked Dan what he thought of adoption and after some research, he said "How can we not do it?" Music to my ears! After 14 months, our beautiful Lucy Mae Ji Chun ("Lucky Spring" age 2.5) came home from Fuzhou, Jiangxi Province. When I first fell in love with a picture of Shan Le Qian (Abbie "Happy A Lot", also age 2.5), I emailed it to Dan and said "Guess what Honey? We have another daughter waiting for us in China." He never, ever questioned or second-guessed me. We both knew we would be blessed with another child in our hearts and arms! So our journey began...but really, it is just beginning! Thank you to all our special family and friends who love us for who we are, don't question the choices we make in life and support us in all we do: Grandma and Grandpa Coryell and Laughlin; Cathy and the boys; Mike and Tim and Families; the Stewart Family; The Hunsaker Family; The Glover Family; The Wing Family; the Hribal Family and all our "old" and our new friends we are just making! We love you all!

No comments: